6/29/10

I Heart July Fourth





It is funny to me that my daughter's birthday and my all time favorite holiday are only one day apart! Maybe July just speaks to me. I love the innocence of a beach picnic, or watching kids celebrate their first sparkler. All day the suspense kills you, who will burn themselves, are we going to get sick from this food because, it's been out all day? Even if you don't know your neighbor or people posted up beside you, sharing will occur. And the best, no matter the weather, rain, strangle yourself heat, you WILL spend the day outside! 185 days into the year this generous day provides more company than most of the other 180 days in the year. I love, love, love it. Our family always spends the day at the beach, thousands of families surrounding us, tents as far as your eye can see. Everyone playing games, chasing their crazy kids and anxiously waiting the nightly display. I cannot wait! I would love to design a July 4th wedding! Any takers?

Where ever you live, whatever reason you celebrate this holiday aways remember those still away from their families watching over our still freedom!

So, Happy Freedom-day America! We love you.

Rachel